I found this vintage daffodil piece and just had to have it. It was part of some type of flower of the month promotion and there were several flowers to pick from. I got this one and a morning glory in cream on black. I created a simple tab setting for the piece from brass and think the four tabs interfere very little with the flower piece. I liked the addition of the open circle above the flower pendant. It adds substance to the pendant without adding visual weight or detracting from the flower.
My original thought was to use two of the little flower connector pieces and chrysocolla beads – you can see the first draft of the idea here. But it felt heavy-handed and distracting when I pulled it together. So, I ended up with one flower connector piece and beads in very soft tones with an antique-y feel. I named the necklace Lillian.