How I wish I could spend my time making jewelry, but alas, I must tend to business matters too.
Here’s my end of year /start of year checklist:
End of Year
- Inventory *sigh*
- Make sure all expenses are entered into my spreadsheet
- Ditto all sales
- Double check that the total income I reported for sales tax matches the total income I will report to IRS. Correct any errors.
Start of Year
- Set up new spreadsheets for recording sales and expenses
- Set up new files to hold paper records for the new year
- Shred papers from tax return filed seven years ago *double sigh*
Once I’m done, its on to moving forward with a brand new year.
Necklace pictured can be found here.